Flies in the house or business sites are put our health at risk; they carry E.coli, Typhoid and Salmonella and they are generally a nuisance to our environment. Fortunately, Go-Forth Pest Control is here to exterminate flies from your home and business sites.
Using a professional fly control service guarantees total extermination of flies from your property. An efficient pest control operator knows exactly what to do to ensure your house is pest-proof. Besides, with a professional pest operator, you enjoy inspection during regular visits, effective fly control treatment tailored to fit your needs, general good housekeeping practices to prevent fly breeding sites, and of course proofing of windows, doors, roof vents to prevent flies from entering your premises.
However, you can also try some DIY homemade fly traps before calling the pros; there are DIY techniques created to eliminate flies from your home. The DIY homemade fly traps are simple, cost-effective ways to exterminate flies; such fly traps include vinegar & dish soap trap, and soda bottle traps.
How to make Vinegar and dish soap fly trap
- Fill a shallow dish container with an inch of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar
- Add some fruit-scented dish soap to attract flies
- You can either leave the dish uncovered, or tightly cover the container with plastic wrap, but make sure you poke some holes to attract flies.
How to make soda bottle traps
- Get a clean empty, plastic 2-liter soda bottle
- Cut the top third of the container (cut it near where the top of the label used to be)
- Add a sweet liquid, sugar water preferably in a larger, bottom third of the bottle
- Make a cone shape by turning the top third of the bottle up-side, and place it in the opening of the larger part of the bottle
- Watch as flies buzz their way into the container, but unable to buzz out
How to exterminate flies outside with fly repellent plants
Getting rid of houseflies from your home is excellent, but you may still find them annoying when they buzz around your yard. You can even get rid of them naturally by planting fly-repellent garden plants on around the house. Such plants include Nasturtiums, mint, lavender, bay leaf and Basil. Furthermore, some of these plants do not just stop flies from entering your home; they also stop other pests like mice, ants, aphids, squash bugs, and most beetle.
How to repel flies with eco-friendly solutions
- Pour apple cider vinegar into a glass jar, and place a paper funnel in the jar; the scent attracts the flies to the jar, while the paper funnel will stop them from flying around.
- Place several drops of Eucalypts oil on cloth strips and hang them near doors or windows
- Or you can simply place 20-25 cloves in lemon halves.
Any of the above technique will discourage flies from close to your home. For more information on how to protect your house against unwanted visitors from entering your home, call our customer support; they are available all round the clock just for you, so take advantage of it.